Ticketline Terms & Conditions
Ticketline provides a ticketing service to Reading Beer Festival. In these terms and conditions (“Terms”) references to “Ticketline” means The Ticketline Network Limited of Queens Chambers, 5 John Dalton Street, Manchester, M2 6ET, United Kingdom (“we”, “us”, “our”). Your use of and access to this Website ("Site") and any transactions you may make are subject to Ticketline's terms and conditions which are set out below. By using this Site, you agree to accept these Terms. If you do not, you should not access or view this Site.
About Ticketline and this Site
- This Site is intended to be a source of useful information relating to concerts, shows or other productions (an "Event" or “Events”). We shall use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information contained on the Site is accurate and up to date. We may update the content and make improvements or changes in the information, services and other materials on this Site at any time without prior notice being given. We may also update and change the Site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, customers’ needs, our business priorities and/or as may be required under law.
- Ticketline is a ticket agency. Ticketline sells tickets as an agent on behalf of the organisers, producers or promoters of Events (each an “Event Organiser”). We do not host, promote or produce any of the Events which are described on this Site and for which you might wish to buy a ticket. We do not control Events, nor do we set ticket prices for Events. We only charge a booking fee, handling fees, upsells or other supplementary fees as determined by or otherwise agreed with the Event Organiser. We do not accept any liability arising from a user’s ticket purchases made via this Site save as set out in these Terms.
- It is a condition of your use of this Site that you provide complete and accurate personal details, including a telephone number and valid email address, prior to purchasing a Ticket. We shall not be liable for, and you will not be entitled to, any refunds in any circumstances attributable to your failure to provide effective payment and delivery information. This includes ensuring that your email server does not reject, bounce or otherwise prevent emails from reaching their intended recipient.
- Please note that tickets sold via this Site are subject to the terms, conditions and rules applicable to the relevant Event, including any Event policies concerning cancellation and/or ticket refunds. Please check the venue or the Event Organiser's website or any site advertising the Event before committing to buy a ticket. Most will have clear statements of any applicable policies, (such as age restrictions or refund conditions) on their websites.
- All intellectual property rights in the design of this Site, including trade marks, branding and logos, and the contents, selection and arrangement of all of the material which is available on this Site belongs to Ticketline. No material from this Site may be commercially exploited in any way without our prior written permission.
- We cannot guarantee that this Site is error free, uninterrupted, or virus free.
- This Site contains links to other websites which are independent of Ticketline. We have no control over such sites and any links are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this Site, and do not imply our endorsement of the linked websites or association with their operators.
Buying Tickets and Returns
- Tickets purchased via our Site are intended for personal use only. You and your party must not re-sell or transfer tickets, or offer to re-sell or transfer tickets, in breach of the relevant Event terms and conditions. Any breach of this condition may entitle Ticketline or the Event Organiser to cancel the affected tickets without refund or compensation being offered.
- All ticket purchases are subject to credit or debit card verification, other security checks, and receipt of payment by us. We also reserve the right to carry out further checks and/or request further information in order to deter fraud. Your order may be cancelled if it has not passed our verification process or if payment is not received in full.
- In the event of an Event being cancelled or postponed, or if the venue or content is significantly changed, we will do our best to inform all purchasers using the contact details provided when the order was made. However, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to check whether the Event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue. We cannot be held liable for any expenses you may incur in respect of travel, accommodation, or otherwise arising from cancellation or postponement of an Event.
- For certain events there may be a restriction on the maximum number of tickets that may be purchased. We will use our best endeavours to publish this information on the Site and at the point of ticket selection for the event. In such case, we reserve the right to only offer for sale the maximum number of tickets available and to cancel any orders made that exceed the maximum authorised tickets per customer without notice.
- We reserve the right to change the price of tickets following purchase, before or after they have been despatched to you, if we become aware that the tickets were listed at an incorrect price, including typographical errors or due to inaccurate pricing information received from the Event Organiser. If this occurs, we will notify you by e-mail or telephone as soon as we become aware of the error. If you do not confirm within 14 days that you wish to purchase the tickets at the revised price we will cancel the tickets and re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your debit/credit card in full as soon as possible but in any event within 21 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
- You must inform Ticketline of any change of address, contact telephone number or email address both before and after receipt of your tickets. Our preferred means of contact is email, so please ensure that you provide a valid email address and be aware that your email server or settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder. We cannot accept any liability that may arise from a customer failing to adhere to this condition.
Once you have purchased tickets, they can only be returned, exchanged or refunded in the circumstances described below:
- Our Error. If we fail to fulfil an order as a result of any negligence, or similar act or omission of our own or in breach of contract, the customer will be entitled to a full refund including any booking or supplementary fees charged.
- Cancellation. If the Event is cancelled in full (and not rescheduled), and the Event Organiser enables and authorises refunds, your order will be cancelled and you will receive a corresponding refund for your tickets. However, booking and/or handling fees will not be refunded as Event cancellations are outside our control. In the event of partial cancellation or abandonment of a multi-day event, the original tickets you have purchased will remain valid for the revised Event. Any compensation offers in respect of partial Event cancellations are strictly subject to the term and conditions of the relevant Event and/or the discretion of the Event organiser and cannot be guaranteed.
- Rescheduling. If an Event is rescheduled, your tickets will usually be valid for the new date, or alternatively you may be offered replacement tickets for the rescheduled show. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled Event you must notify us by the deadline specified in clause 2.11. If your refund request is accepted, and the Event Organiser enables and authorises refunds, you will receive a corresponding refund for your tickets (but not booking and/or handling fees).
- Material Alteration. If material changes are made to the Event, for example a change of the venue or (for non multi-day events) the headline act, or other changes which in our reasonable opinion materially alter the Event, the original tickets that you have purchased will remain valid for the revised event unless otherwise advised. If you do not wish to attend the altered Event you must notify us no later than the deadline specified in clause 2.11. If your refund request is accepted, and the Event Organiser enables and authorises refunds, you will receive a corresponding refund for your tickets (but not booking and/or handling fees). For the avoidance of doubt, curtailment due to adverse weather conditions; changes of line-up, supporting acts or non-headliners; changes to artist or stage personnel; or cancellation or abandonment of an Event where the majority of the scheduled performances take place will not be deemed to constitute a Material Alteration for the purposes of these Terms.
- Decisions to cancel, alter or reschedule Events are the responsibility of the Event Organiser, and legal responsibility for refunds or compensation for cancelled or curtailed events rests at all times with the Event Organiser.
- There will be no refunds offered for lost, stolen or damaged tickets (save that duplicate tickets may be obtained, subject to payment of a duplication and processing fee) or if the venue or Event Organiser provides different seats to those specified on the ticket.
- In order to fulfil any refund requests, we reserve the right to require the ticketholder to return any physical tickets or, in the case of e-tickets, suitable evidence of payment and/or a covering note containing your order reference number and contact details. Tickets should be returned to Ticketline, PO Box 4061, Manchester, M60 1YT. It is your responsibility to ensure that returned tickets are safely returned to us. No liability will be accepted in the event of tickets being lost or misdirected in the post.
- Refund requests will be accepted up until 7 days before the date of the revised event or 7 days after notification of the change (whichever falls earlier, if applicable) unless otherwise advised. We regret we are unable to honour refund requests that are received after this time.
- Refunds are made using the same method of payment that was used to purchase the tickets.
- If you have purchased any upsells (meaning supplementary products or services offered for sale by us alongside Event tickets) for an Event which has been cancelled, entirely rescheduled or subject to a Material Alteration, and a refund is issued to you in accordance with clause 2.7, we will also refund the sale price of any unused upsells (but not transaction and/or handling fees), excluding the following, which are generally not refundable: (i) goods which have already been delivered to you; (ii) travel, catering, transportation or accommodation (including without limitation hotels, chalets, caravans, campervans and boutique structures) to be provided on a specified date or period, whether or not used; (iii) campervan or car parking passes; or (iv) yoga classes or therapy treatments. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may exercise discretion to fully or partially refund the sale price of such items, depending on the specific circumstances and the relevant supplier’s ability to offer refunds. When processing upsell refunds we reserve the right to deduct a reasonable charge to cover our administration costs where such upsells were not sold subject to a booking fee. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- No refunds will be offered to ticketholders who fail to comply with these Terms or the terms and conditions applicable to the relevant Event.
Delivery and Collection
- Tickets may be despatched to you electronically (for example by email, mobile website or app) or by post or made available for collection at the venue box office. An order confirmation will be generated by email on completion of a successful transaction.
- There is no standard despatch time for tickets ordered through this Site as tickets for different Events have different despatch times. However, all tickets should be received at least 7 days before the event, unless they are being collected from the venue box office. Where tickets are booked within 14 days of an Event and are being posted, tickets should be received at least 2 days before the relevant Event. E-tickets are generally issued immediately following confirmation of your payment but in exceptional circumstances may be issued up to 24 hours later.
- It is your responsibility to inform us promptly, and in any event within 24 hours of the advised delivery times given in clause 3.2, in the event of non-receipt of a confirmation email and/or tickets, as only you may be aware of any problems that occur during the purchase process. We will have no responsibility for any costs or any other liability to you in the event of your failure to do so.
- If it becomes impractical to post tickets out due to proximity of an Event or circumstances beyond Ticketline's control, we reserve the right to make your tickets available for collection at the venue box office and will inform you accordingly.
- If you are collecting your tickets at the venue box office rather than having them posted out, please note that the tickets must be collected by the cardholder in person, and that the bank card used to make payment must be presented on collection. The cardholders' signature may be required on collection.
- Always check your tickets on receipt, as mistakes cannot always be rectified later.
Attending the Event
- Ticketline does not organise Events and accepts no responsibility or liability of any kind for the delivery, quality, performance or security of an Event; or for any loss or damage suffered by a ticketholder at or in connection with an Event, including loss, damage or theft of any personal property; or for any loss of amenity or enjoyment suffered by a ticketholder in connection with an Event; or for any breach of the Event’s terms and conditions on the part of the Event Organiser, save only to the extent such liability cannot be limited in law.
- Although we will use reasonable endeavours to indicate any age or other restrictions that apply to events, it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that they are eligible for entry to the event that they are purchasing tickets for. Please check the terms and conditions of the relevant Event if in doubt.
- Event Organisers and Venues always reserve the right to refuse admission to an Event and tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue. We will therefore not offer refunds to any ticketholders who may be refused entry or are ejected from a venue for any reason. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at venues is usually prohibited.
- If you have any specific requirements for any Event please be sure to raise these at the time of booking or directly with the Event Organiser. We cannot guarantee that your requirements will be met if not disclosed until arrival at the venue.
- We will not be liable for any misrepresentations, negligence, contractual or tortuous loss of any kind suffered by you from the products, or services, or actions of any venue, performer, promoter or others, nor will we be liable to you for any loss of profit nor any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages in any circumstances whatsoever, whether due to cancellation, postponement or a material change to an Event, or otherwise.
- Should you have any queries or complaints regarding your purchase, please contact us at Customer Services, quoting your order reference number. Your query or complaint will be acknowledged as soon as possible.
If we are unable to settle any dispute by negotiation and you are not satisfied with our final response, you may attempt to settle it through Alternative Dispute Resolution and can contact The Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (“STAR”). We are members of STAR and they provide a free and approved dispute resolution service for customers of STAR members.
You can reach STAR on 01904 234737, or +44 1904 234737 if calling from outside the UK (10am-5pm Monday to Friday), or by completing the complaints form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ d prefer to write to them, their address is:
Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers
PO Box 708
St Leonard's Place
- If these Terms are not adhered to, we reserve the right to terminate the user’s access and use of the Site.
- These Terms do not create any rights or obligations by or against anyone other than Ticketline, you and the Event Organiser, to the extent that it has direct rights and obligations under these Terms. Except as provided in the previous sentence, these Terms do not create any rights enforceable by any person who is not a party to it but does not affect any right or remedy that a third party has which exists or is available apart from the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- We may modify these Terms at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms on this Site. We will notify users of the Site of such changes by displaying a notice on our Site or via email. Your continued access or use of this Site shall be deemed your acceptance of the modified Terms applicable from time to time.
- We will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform our obligations under these Terms to the extent that such delay or failure is due to any occurrence outside our reasonable control, including without limitation Acts of God, power outages, natural disasters, national emergencies, civil unrest or the threat thereof, closure of airspace, strikes, acts of terrorism, epidemics or outbreak of serious communicable disease, theft or damage to essential equipment, or any act, regulation or order of a public authority.
- These Terms are governed by English law and any disputes subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts and, by using this Site, you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections to jurisdiction or venue in such courts.
- If any court finds any provision of these terms to be void or unenforceable for any reason, then such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of the courts finding without affecting the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Any queries regarding tickets or any other services associated with this Site should be directed to Customer Services. Please follow the link for contact information.